Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32

Thread: Do you think they will ever add another new era doll?

  1. #21
    MissCurlyCat
    Guest MissCurlyCat's Avatar

    Post

    I would love to see a doll from the colonial era too. No offence but I think the mayflower pilgrim idea might be a bit humdrum. I've heard so much about the mayflower and those pilgrims over the years.....

    How about a doll from the Salem witch trails?

  2. #22
    13Pumpkins
    Guest 13Pumpkins's Avatar

    Post

    Originally posted by MissCurlyCat:


    How about a doll from the Salem witch trails?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I thought of that one last year, but it got vetoed pretty quick.....
    [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    I think it would be cool though still.

  3. #23
    MissCurlyCat
    Guest MissCurlyCat's Avatar

    Post

    Originally posted by *The*Paranoid*Pumpkin*:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by MissCurlyCat:


    How about a doll from the Salem witch trails?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I thought of that one last year, but it got vetoed pretty quick.....
    [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    I think it would be cool though still.
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Why didn't people like it?

  4. #24
    Inactive Member Nethilia's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 29th, 2006
    Posts
    266
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't think they'ere going to do anyone further back than Kaya, since she's billed as the "First" American Girl. So no Mayflower dolls.

    I'd like to see a doll during the Civil Rights era, maybe another little black girl. That would be wonderful. I don't want them to get too much closer than that though, or I'll start feeling old!

  5. #25
    MissCurlyCat
    Guest MissCurlyCat's Avatar

    Post

    Originally posted by Nethilia:I don't think they'ere going to do anyone further back than Kaya, since she's billed as the "First" American Girl. So no Mayflower dolls.I'd like to see a doll during the Civil Rights era, maybe another little black girl. That would be wonderful. I don't want them to get too much closer than that though, or I'll start feeling old!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Kaya can still be the 'First' American girl. She is a native American so technically that does make her the very first 'American' girl.

  6. #26
    Inactive Member tatabatata's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 2005
    Posts
    595
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I would LOVE to see an early Massachusetts girl, but a Salem girl would be too politically incorrect for AG (IMHO!)
    For many of us, that period still resonates today, and would be too controversial, like making a Civil Rights period girl.
    Both would be awesome and VERY imprtant historically, but not PC enough for Mattel.
    On top of it, a Salem girl would have may be two outfits total, and very few trinkets.
    Anyhow: would get her to my house right away!

    Ana

  7. #27
    Inactive Member auri's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 28th, 2004
    Posts
    543
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The Salem Witch Trials were such a bizarre and brutal time that I can't imagine AG setting a doll then. Much as I'd love a Pilgrim doll, I don't see that either, or a girl at Jamestown because both were such hard and tragic experiences with the overwhelming majority of the early settlers dying within the first year or two.

    OTOH, as much as my preference is for a 1950s girl, I'd also love to see a girl from the latter part of the 19th century, maybe 1884 or 1894, perhaps in California.

  8. #28
    HB Forum Owner cebula_2005's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 7th, 2005
    Posts
    848
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I like the idea of a Puritan, Quaker, or Pilgrim doll. What would be really cool would be if they made an Oregon Trail doll. Then they could give her a covered wagon and maybe some oxen as the big item, and as a friend, someone from the wagon train. The first few books could be about life on the trail and the last one about arriving in Oregon. [img]smile.gif[/img]

  9. #29
    Inactive Member annkirstin's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    405
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    As much as I like the friend dolls and hope they keep making them, I hope they don't do one a year for 8 years in a row! I hope they take a break from friend dolls and introduce a truly new historical. We've been wanting one for so long and speculating for so long on what kind of girl it will be and from what era. I'd never thought of an Indian immigrant doll as some of you have mentioned, but Indian clothes can be truly gorgeous, so she'd be pretty tempting!

  10. #30
    Inactive Member Bean Bunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2006
    Posts
    465
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Mattel seems interested in keeping the line fresh with lots of dolls. Think about it -- we get AT LEAST two new dolls every year (a friend and a limited edition), plus whatever AGOTs they decide to throw our way. That's a lot more than the Pleasant Company era.

    I'm going to be shocked if they don't continue the friend doll trend. But even then, once everyone has a friend, Mattel has to come up with some way to throw a new doll at us. I'm sure they'll do another historical doll sometime.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •